Recipe by Kree
This is comfort food at its best. It's from Hometown Favorites by Ann Parker of Pittsford, NY.
Top Review by TheDancingCook
I used about 1/2 lb of baby carrots and added 1 red pepper, sliced and 2 stalks celery cut into 1 inch chunks. I also used about 1 1/2 lbs of chicken tenderloins, threw them in the pot frozen, and cooked it for about 6 hours before adding the cornstarch/water. We like sauce; next time I will double the sauce/seasoning ingredients...adding the juice of the 2nd can of pineapple but not the extra chunks of pineapple. My picky 9 y/o enjoyed this as well, thanks for posting!
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In slow cooker, layer carrots, green pepper, and onion. Top with chicken.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Place pineapple over chicken.
- Add brown sugar, soy sauce, bouillon, salt, pepper, ginger, and garlic powder to pineapple juice; pour over pineapple.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into cooking juices. Cook 30 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over rice.