I attended a Pampered Chef party and had this taco ring. I had ate them many times but was always to scared to make one. It's so easy--took me a few times to make it look pretty but it's really simple to do, just experiment around with it. My kids now request these instead of regular tacos. I was out of black olives tonight, so I used green--the toppings are your personal choice really! Makes 16 rolls but we can't eat just one!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium tomato
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup pitted ripe black olives (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Cook ground beef in large skillet over medium heat 7-9 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix, cheese and water.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles.
- Arrange triangles in a circle on Classic Round Pizza Stone with wide ends overlapping in center and points toward outside. (There should be a 5 inch diameter opening in center.) I use my Pampered Chef pizza stone, but any flat round pan should work--perhaps even a pizza sheet, but I'd spray it with Pam before adding the crescent rolls.
- Scoop meat mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. (Filling will not be completely covered).
- Bake at 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Shred lettuce and chop tomato, onion, olives, and bell pepper (if desired).
- If you want to do something fancy, scoop out a bell pepper and fill with salsa and put into center of ring.
- Add your toppings to top of ring and finish with more shredded cheese and sour cream.
- This is great with a salad.