Chicken Club Brunch Ring
A tasty Pampered Chef recipe using a 13 or 15-inch round baking stone. (Fall/Winter 1997 Season's Best Recipe Collection The Pampered Chef)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can white chicken meat, drained and flaked
- 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded swiss cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 -2 large plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard.
- Snip parsley.
- Chop onion.
- Add parsley and onion to mayonnaise mixture; mix well.
- In a 2 quart bowl, flake chicken with a fork.
- Chop bacon.
- Add bacon, 3/4 cup swiss cheese, and 1/3 cup of the mayonnaise mixture; mix well.
- Unroll crescent dough, separate into 16 triangles.
- Arrange triangles in a circle on a 13-inch baking stone with wide ends of triangles overlapping in the center and points toward the outside (there should be a 5-inch diameter opening in the center of the stone).
- Scoop the chicken mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle.
- Bring outside points of triangle up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center or ring (filling will not be completely covered).
- Slice tomatoes, cut slices in half.
- Place 1 tomato half over filling between openings of ring.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Remove from oven, immediately sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup swiss cheese.
- Using a v-shaped cutter, cut around bell pepper.
- Separate halves; remove membrane and seeds.
- Fill with remaining mayonnaise mixture; place in center of ring.
- Arrange lettuce around the pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Found the instructions a bit confusing doing this quickly while multi-tasking various things; reading add the chicken mix to the triangles - my chicken was still in a bowl; reading back, there were unnecessary instructions about chopping (you had said how the ingredients were to be prepared in the ingredients list, which is where most people want them) & what was meant was to add the chicken to everything else! Moving on, I made a mess, not used to doing this; lifting the pieces using a cake-slice had the filling falling out lol, too much gap, maybe not 'set' enough too or too much mayo, I used 250ml, I think that's 10ml more than a 'cup'! I've not seen recipes like this in the UK, I've only just learnt that some places in the UK sell Crescent Roll Dough too, though I've not researched my locality yet. I made Pizza Dough & that sufficed. I didn't bother with the pepper cup, I chopped the pepper so & added it to the mayo with the lettuce. I didn't need to stand on ceremony at home. It was scrumptious & different to have with our salad plates.
I've been making this for 20 years & it's still one of my favorite PC recipes. I put the onion in the chicken mixture, use more than 4 slices of bacon & tonight I put in some chopped, sun-dried tomatoes in oil & it was delicious! It's a very adaptive recipe & when I'm feeling nostalgic for the days when my friends & I were young moms & all having PC parties & showers & getting together to eat good food this is one of those recipes I go to again & again!