Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dish is loved by all who try it -if you like mexican food of course. It's a bit different from the other recipes posted so I thought I'd include it. It's a staple sunday football munchie and it's quite easy to make so you don't mind whipping it up. It makes a lot so it's good for a crowd and I often get requests for the recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies (in the mexian food isle with refried beans)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped (to taste -I LOVE scallions so I use entire amount, but if you prefer less -only chop what you need)
- 1 (8 ounce) can black olives, sliced (to taste)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chunky salsa, drain most of liquid (your favorite brand-any kind will do)
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (or mexican blend shredded cheese)
- 1 (9 ounce) bag tortilla chips (I prefer Tostitos Gold)
- Mix refried beans & taco seasoning with an electric mixer and spread into the bottom of a 9x12 inch pan.
- Mix sour cream & softened cream cheese with an electric mixer and spread over bean layer.
- Spoon chopped chilies, distributing evenly over the cream cheese/sour cream layer.
- Sprinkle chopped green peppers, scallions & black olives as your next layer.
- Next we add the salsa, but I usually drain it a bit in a colander because too much liquid will cause the dip to be soggy. Distribute evenly across the pan.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese & refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips. The dip is rather heavy so stronger chips are best. Tostitos Gold or scoops work best.
Love this Dip!!! I am not a guacamole fan and most 7 Layer/ Taco Dips have it...the cream cheese totaly makes it!!!! I take it to pot lucks and football game through out the year!!! ThX Jessica!!!
I made this for the Super Bowl...huge hit.
This recipe is super good. I made it for my friends birthday party. It was gone within the hour. Making it again tomorrow night for taco tuesday. Mixed the sour cream, cream cheese, and green chilies together, also added a packet of ranch dressing mix in the sour cream mixture. Also used fat free sour cream and cream cheese turned out great and no one knew. My little secret. Oh so good. Thanks for the winner.