Recipe by Jessica
This dish is loved by all who try it -if you like mexican food of course. It's a bit different from the other recipes posted so I thought I'd include it. It's a staple sunday football munchie and it's quite easy to make so you don't mind whipping it up. It makes a lot so it's good for a crowd and I often get requests for the recipe.
Top Review by thebev
Love this Dip!!! I am not a guacamole fan and most 7 Layer/ Taco Dips have it...the cream cheese totaly makes it!!!! I take it to pot lucks and football game through out the year!!! ThX Jessica!!!
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies (in the mexian food isle with refried beans)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped (to taste -I LOVE scallions so I use entire amount, but if you prefer less -only chop what you need)
- 1 (8 ounce) can black olives, sliced (to taste)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chunky salsa, drain most of liquid (your favorite brand-any kind will do)
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (or mexican blend shredded cheese)
- 1 (9 ounce) bag tortilla chips (I prefer Tostitos Gold)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix refried beans & taco seasoning with an electric mixer and spread into the bottom of a 9x12 inch pan.
- Mix sour cream & softened cream cheese with an electric mixer and spread over bean layer.
- Spoon chopped chilies, distributing evenly over the cream cheese/sour cream layer.
- Sprinkle chopped green peppers, scallions & black olives as your next layer.
- Next we add the salsa, but I usually drain it a bit in a colander because too much liquid will cause the dip to be soggy. Distribute evenly across the pan.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese & refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips. The dip is rather heavy so stronger chips are best. Tostitos Gold or scoops work best.