Recipe by mailbelle
You can make the base of this dip several days in advance. When ready to serve, just top with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and French fried onions.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mild salsa
- 1 (1 ounce) packetmild taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 4 cups lettuce, shredded
- 3 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup French-fried onions, coarsely crushed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, taco seasoning mix and onion soup mix in a medium bowl.
- Blend well with a mixer at low speed.
- Spoon into a shallow bowl or 13x9-inch baking dish and smooth top. (If making this ahead of time, stop here.).
- Top cream cheese mixture with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes.
- For added crunch, add French fried onions to the top before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.