Recipe by Zoe @ Home
Normally I can't stand corn in a casserole dish, but this is wonderful! My husband (who is normally picky) even likes it! Also inexpensive.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion (I use less)
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 1 (8 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green chili (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese (or more if you like lots of cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef and onion in medium skillet until meat is no longer pink and drain grease.
- Stir in salsa, taco seasoning, and water, bringing to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Stir in corn and olives.
- Spoon into an ungreased 13x9 dish.
- Prepare corn muffin batter mix according to box directions.
- Stir in cheese and chilis.
- Stir until smooth and spread over meat mixture.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Top with additional salsa if desired.