1/1 Photo of Tabouli
chef FIFI's Note:
Healthy and delicious middle eastern salad. Tabouli is a very simple salad that call for very little ingredients, but amazingly big on flavor.This salad is a delicious companion for everything from barbeques to baked chicken e.t.c.These measurements are to taste and may modified to suit your personal preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 bunches fresh parsley (flat leaf preferrably)
- 1/2-3/4 tomato (med to large in size)
- 2 tablespoons onions
- 1/3 cup Bulgar wheat
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8-1/4 cup lemon juice (to suit personal taste, I usually just squeeze the lemon and adjust it according to my taste, not me)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon mint (dried or fresh)
- 3/4 teaspoon sumaq
- salt (personal choice)
- 1In a small bowl add bulgar wheat and let soak in approximately 1/2 to 1 cup of very hot water for about 10-15 minutes or until water is soaked up and bulgar and puffed up.
- 2If after bulgar has puffed up and soften there is still water left, just discard water and squeeze bulgar to get rid of any excess water.
- 3This step is very important!First three ingredients must be minced very finely.
- 4In a medium bowl, add all ingredients together and stir well.
- 5If the salad seems dry even though flavorful, either add a bit more lemon juice if in need or a few tbsp of water, then adjust salt e.t.c per taste.
- 6Let sit in the fridge for about 1 hour for the flavors to meld.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tabouli
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.5
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: