Middle Eastern Salad With Za'atar Dressing
photo by Leggy Peggy
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon green za'atar spice mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -2 dash garlic powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled & chopped
- 1⁄4 green pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1⁄4 onion, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- Mix all the ingredients together for the dressing in a small glass bowl.
- Mix the vegetables together in a larger bowl. (I cut the artichokes hearts in half before adding them to the salad).
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Stir to coat then refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
You say this recipe feeds 2. Ha! Left alone with it for a while, I could polish it off by myself. Za'atar has a sensational flavour. My love affair with this spice blend began in the early 1970s when Palestinian friends first introduced me to it. I made your salad as written, and made a half batch of dressing, which was plenty. Thanks very, very much for posting. I will make this often.
What a scrumptious salad! (when I first saw the word "za'atar" I thot it was some sort of RecipeZaar spice LOL) Luckily, we have great food specialty shops in my area so I picked some up there, tho I would like to try it with homeade next time. I did use fresh minced garlic. Thanks for posting Nasseh. Made for ZWT 6.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Follower of Jesus: I have a strong faith in God & his love for all of us. He is the first & last in my life and it is my desire to tell others of His greatest gift to us...His Son. Explorer: I love to learn about new cultures & try new foods. While in Morocco I learned to appreciate the use of spices. Wife: I'm married to my best friend. Sister: I am the oldest of six children. Mother: My son lives in CA while my daughter lives close to me. Grandmother: My beautiful granddaughter has stolen my heart.