Middle Eastern Salad
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 19 ounces lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill or 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 1 cup feta (to taste) or 1 cup goat cheese (to taste)
- Whisk olive oil with red wine vinegar, Dijon and salt.
- Stir in lentils, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, garlic and dill or coriander.
- Serve with feta or goat cheese crumbled over top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made this delicious salad tonight -- we really enjoyed it. I tried to find canned lentils (as it appeared that the recipe called for them), but could not so I cooked some dried lentils in vegetable broth. Loved the combination of all the veggies and of course, the feta. Will definitely make this salad again. Made for What's on the Menu tag, September, 2014.