- 6 thick slices bacon, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 473.18 ml onions, finely chopped
- 8-10 potatoes, cubed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1182.95 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 236.59 ml sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp in Dutch oven. Remove bacon. Drain on paper towels.
- Add onions and sauté 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add potatoes, carrot and chicken broth. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat.
- I lightly blend with a stick blender to leave some chunks.
- Stir in sour cream. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed.
- Serve garnished with bacon.