Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Creamy, tasty, and definitely not diet food!
- 6 thick slices bacon, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 8 -10 potatoes, cubed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- Fry bacon until crisp in Dutch oven. Remove bacon. Drain on paper towels.
- Add onions and sauté 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add potatoes, carrot and chicken broth. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat.
- I lightly blend with a stick blender to leave some chunks.
- Stir in sour cream. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed.
- Serve garnished with bacon.
No, definitely not a diet soup, but oh so good. :)