Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
A very burtitious and 2 flavored salad !
Top Review by Gandalf The White
In addition to the flavor, I really admire the nutritional analysis ... unlike many other sweet and sour cucumber recipes, the sodium level here is quite reasonable, so this can be served to individuals on a restricted diet (low sodium, no added salt, AHA, etc.). In fact, with a little flavor loss, but much more flexibility, you can either refrigerate in individual portions, with individual amounts of salt, or you can let each diner add salt as appropriate ...
- 3 large cucumbers
- 1 onion
- 1 red Thai chile
For the dressing
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, peel and slice the cucumber finely.
- Skin and slice the onion finely as well.
- Deseed the chille and make fine slices.
- Take a shallow bowl, place the cucumber slices, then place the sliced onions and sprinkle the sliced chillies on top.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together.
- Pour this over the onions and cucumbers.
- Refrigerate the salad for a few hours.
- Serve chilled.