Sweet and Sour Cucumber Salad
This has a light spiciness to it, but if you like it even more, adding a few flakes of crushed red pepper makes an interesting addition to this salad.
- Ready In:
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons beet sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- Peel the cucumber and halve lengthwise; scrape out the seeds and cut into thick chunks.
- Place chunks into a bowl and toss with the salt.
- Allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Mix together the sugar, rice vinegar, chilli oil, and sesame oil in a small dish.
- Add mixture to cucumers, and stir until cucmbers are evenly coated.
- Serve chilled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation