Sweet & Sour Watermelon Cucumber Salad
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- Mix together the vinegar, water, sugar and poppy seeds in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the chopped green onion.
- Place the watermelon and cucumber in a serving bowl and pour the marinade over the top.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate a couple of hours before serving.
- Toss gently before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I chose this for a community picnic because it was different and not something creamy. I really liked it. It disappeared but I don't know what others thought of it. I will definitely take it to other gatherings. I did use regualar cucumbers and I drained a bit of the liquid before going to the picnic.