Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've seen other versions of this on this site but never like this. This version is very similar to one I had in a restaurant in Denver, CO a couple of years ago. Until I tried it, I had always thought mine was the best pecan pie...I set out to recreate it and I did. The sweet potato isn't super stong or obvious but pecan pie lovers will notice it. Dark corn syrup is the secret to a rich and exciting pecan pie. I use the sweet potatoes from a can as a short cut.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, margarine/butter, and vanilla until well blended.
- Beat in sweet potatoes until well mixed.
- (Note*) The secret to having the pecans 'float' on top of the pie is to use an electric mixer to mix all of the ingredients up to this point.
- Stir in the pecans by hand until pecans are nicely coated with the filling.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 50-55 minutes until a knife or toothpick inserted comes out clean. You may want to rotate at the 30 minute mark to ensure even baking.