Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 hrs
When the oven is full on thanksgiving it is nice to have this recipe for the crock.
Make and share this Sweet Potato Casserole (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (29 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Lightly grease a slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, blend sweet potatoes, 1/3 cup butter, white sugar and 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Beat in orange juice, eggs and milk. Transfer this mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine pecans, 1/3 cup brown sugar, flour and 2 tablespoons butter. Spread the mixture over the sweet potatoes. Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
A great recipe and very good tasting. I was looking for a recipe that didn't have so much sugar in them as many of the recipes call for. I used my own sweet potatoes, cut up, cooked and mashed - about 4 medium sweet potatoes. That also cut down on the sweetness. It was nice using the crock pot, also, although I would do four hours on low next time rather than high. It seemed to me that it was just on the verge of burning. It might have been my crock pot, since crock pots vary. I think that if you do use the crock pot, it bears watching. Over all, a recipe that was good enough for me to say that I will surely use it again.
Delicious! I don't believe it necessary to use a crockpot however, next time I will just try it in a casserole dish in the oven for an hour or two on about 300 degrees?
This was wonderful and a big hit with our Thanksgiving guests! We halved the recipe and made it in a small crockpot. We did leave the topping the same as the directions however, and it worked out perfectly! Super easy and soooo good. Thanks for posting!