I discovered this many years ago and will even get my husband to eat it, even though there is no meat..........lol
- 2 tablespoons medium curry paste, Sharwood's Rogan Josh Curry Paste is a good one
- 3⁄4 cup red lentil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 480 g sweet potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock (made with stock cubes)
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a medium saucepan and add the curry paste. Cook, while stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the lentils, bay leaves, onion, and sweet potato, ginger and chicken stock. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to low.
- Or until the sweet potato is cooked. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place the cooked rice on 4 serving plates, spoon over the curry and scatter with coriander leaves.