Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love to experiment with mixing together traditional Dominican flavors and American classics. This stuffing came to me from my love of Thanksgiving classics and basic plantains. The sweetness of the turkey sausage and plantains work very well together.
- Place chunks of plantains onto greased baking sheet and place in oven for 20 minutes at 350, flipping them over half way to make sure both sides crisp up.
- Alternately, plantains chunks can be fried instead.
- In greased pan split open sausages, remove casing, and break them apart.
- Once meat is browned some, add onions and raisins along with 1/2 of the broth.
- Let the mixture simmer for a bit.
- Add plantains and stuffing, along with the remainder of broth.
- Toss together and place ingredients into greased baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven for 15 minutes at 350.
- Remove from oven, uncover, add egg white and milk then fluff some with a fork.
- Place uncovered in oven for another 20 minutes.
- Once done, toss the mixture with a spoon and either place inside turkey or enjoy with some gravy.