Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is adapted from a food blog recipe I found. I eat lots of salmon and I am posting this here for safekeeping. I know these flavors are some of my favorites for salmon, and I think this would be good on the grill, or in the oven too.
- Slice the onions into thin rings on a mandolin or carefully with a knife.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil. Add the butter and garlic. Add the wine and cook the onions down until they are translucent.
- Add the brown sugar, mustard and honey and stir until blended. Salt and Pepper to taste. Turn to low heat and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Rinse and pat dry the salmon fillet and place it on a large piece of foil. Add salt and pepper the top to taste. Add about ½ of the onion mix to the top of the salmon and pour the ¼ cup of the liquid from the skillet around the fillet.
- Seal in foil and cook on the grill over medium heat 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Serve with the additional onion mix as a garnish.