This is adapted from a food blog recipe I found. I eat lots of salmon and I am posting this here for safekeeping. I know these flavors are some of my favorites for salmon, and I think this would be good on the grill, or in the oven too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the onions into thin rings on a mandolin or carefully with a knife.
- 2In a saucepan, heat the oil. Add the butter and garlic. Add the wine and cook the onions down until they are translucent.
- 3Add the brown sugar, mustard and honey and stir until blended. Salt and Pepper to taste. Turn to low heat and simmer about 15 minutes.
- 4Rinse and pat dry the salmon fillet and place it on a large piece of foil. Add salt and pepper the top to taste. Add about ½ of the onion mix to the top of the salmon and pour the ¼ cup of the liquid from the skillet around the fillet.
- 5Seal in foil and cook on the grill over medium heat 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
- 6Serve with the additional onion mix as a garnish.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Onion Grilled Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.2
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 93.7 mg
- Sodium 255.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 35.3 g
- Protein 36.2 g