Wild Alaskan Sweet Bourbon Salmon
Healthy, quick and simple salmon recipe... this recipe is great both in the oven or on the grill.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs of wild alaskan salmon fillets
- 1 small lemon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 cup Bourbon
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Juice lemon and combine with brown sugar into a medium sized bowl.
- Add bourbon until it becomes a spreadable paste. (You might not use all 1/8 cup).
- Cover a lipped baking pan with foil. If using fillets place salmon skin side down directly on the foil - do not grease.
- Spread bourbon paste on top of your salmon.
- Cook on middle shelf for about 20 to 25 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Wedge a spatula between the salmon and the skin and remove fillet. the skin will remain on the foil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Sorry, this one just didn't work for us. By adding the juice of one lemon to the sugar, I was already beyond paste stage, and only used about 1/2 the bourbon. I poured this over the salmon and it just ran off, so I basted the salmon a couple of times with the syrup that formed in the pan. But the salmon did not get any of the flavors in it. The baking time was perfect, but the "sauce" needs work. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.Reply