Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
The only barbecue sauce I use, for everything from shredded pork loin or ribs to thin sliced ham sandwiches or shredded beef. Often served with chilled potato salad & fresh homemade dinner rolls to mop up the sauce (if not using the meat in a sandwich already).
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about one hour. Stir occasionally.
- *For ribs: Boil ribs with some salt & pepper and a quartered onion until tender. Then drain and place on broiler pan. Baste with sauce, broil 5 minutes, turn ribs over and baste other side. Broil 5 minutes longer. Serve.
- *For shredded pork sandwiches: Put sauce and pork loin in crock pot on low for 5-6 hours or until pork begins to shred itself when poked with a fork.
- *For barbecue ham sandwiches: Put sauce and thin, deli sliced ham torn into 2 inch pieces into crock pot and heat on low for 2 hours or until hot.