B.'s Sweet Maple Barbecue Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 lemon slices
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove and discard lemon slices.
- NOTE: Sauce can be made ahead and kept covered in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!