Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Enjoy the sweet and sour flavor without all the work. Kikkoman's Sweet & Sour Sauce, served with juicy pork chops and cabbage, make this hearty and delicious meal so easy to make.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 946.36 ml finely shredded red cabbage
- 2.46 ml salt
- 158.51 ml Kikkoman sweet and sour sauce
- 14.79 ml brown sugar, packed
- Coat both sides of chops with garlic and pepper.
- Cook chops in 1 tablespoons hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium and heat remaining oil in same pan. Add onion, cabbage and salt; saute 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend sweet & sour sauce and sugar; remove and reserve 2 tablespoons mixture.
- Blend 1 tablespoons water with remaining sweet & sour sauce mixture; pour over cabbage, stirring to combine. Cover and cook on low 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange chops on cabbage; spoon reserved sweet & sour sauce mixture over chops. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer, or until pork is heated through.