Recipe by luvsgrand
This is a recipe I got from cooks.com. I add a small onion and leave out the tomato. It usually follows a pork roast dinner, so I can use up the leftovers. The prep and cook times are for using leftovers
- 3⁄4 lb pork butt or 3⁄4 lb left over cooked pork
- 1 small green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 large tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 3⁄4 cup chunk pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin orange
- cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, in
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- If using fresh pork, trim fat from meat and cut thin strips into 1" squares. Cook meat in small amount of hot oil in a large fry pan for 10 to 15 minutes or until done. Drain fat from pan.
- If using cooked left over pork, trim excess fat and cut into 1" chunks. Place in a large fry pan. No need to heat.
- Prepare sauce by combining all ingredients, except cornstarch in water, in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer 1 minute. Slowly add cornstarch and water mixture and stir and cook until thickened. Add green pepper to sauce and cook 1 minute.
- Transfer sauce mixture to fry pan with meat. Add tomato, pineapple and mandarin oranges and heat through. Serve over rice.