Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
I saw Emeril eating something like this on The Best Thing I Ever Ate , and since I had some canned mustard greens; here it is. I put 2 servings but if you are hungry it is 1 serving.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 14 1⁄2 ounces mustard greens, drained
- 2 drops liquid smoke
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 dash chili powder
- Cook the sugar, vinegar, and bacon fat together until sugar caramelizes.
- Add shallots; cook until shallots are browned.
- Add drained mustard greens.
- Add liquid smoke, Tabasco, and chili powder and cook down.