Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
It's a little bit sweet a little bit sour and makes the best sandwiches the day after that I have ever tasted. Sometimes you have to make it more then once to make it your own and adjust the sugar to vinegar ratio but it's worth it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
For the topping
- 0.75 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- Mix the first five ingredients.
- Add the onion and 1/4 of the can of tomato sacue.
- Put into a loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a sauce pan combine all of the topping ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour over meatloaf.
- Bake 15 additional minutes.
My previous review did not appear at all just stars..here it is now... his is a neat little quick and easy no show-off meatloaf....Even with 2 disasters it was very good. I was distracted and almost burned it completely..I defrosted my hamburg in some cold water and some water drowned my hamburg and STILL we ate a very nice meal with baked potatos...NEXT TIME i would add more onions maybe a favorite seasoning but this saved us at dinner ttonight...Thanks!!