Recipe by ChristineD 22
It's a little bit sweet a little bit sour and makes the best sandwiches the day after that I have ever tasted. Sometimes you have to make it more then once to make it your own and adjust the sugar to vinegar ratio but it's worth it.
Top Review by shanti2
My previous review did not appear at all just stars..here it is now... his is a neat little quick and easy no show-off meatloaf....Even with 2 disasters it was very good. I was distracted and almost burned it completely..I defrosted my hamburg in some cold water and some water drowned my hamburg and STILL we ate a very nice meal with baked potatos...NEXT TIME i would add more onions maybe a favorite seasoning but this saved us at dinner ttonight...Thanks!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
For the topping
- 0.75 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first five ingredients.
- Add the onion and 1/4 of the can of tomato sacue.
- Put into a loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a sauce pan combine all of the topping ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour over meatloaf.
- Bake 15 additional minutes.