Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 5 mins
It's a little bit sweet a little bit sour and makes the best sandwiches the day after that I have ever tasted. Sometimes you have to make it more then once to make it your own and adjust the sugar to vinegar ratio but it's worth it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
For the topping
- 0.75 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- Mix the first five ingredients.
- Add the onion and 1/4 of the can of tomato sacue.
- Put into a loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a sauce pan combine all of the topping ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour over meatloaf.
- Bake 15 additional minutes.