Recipe by Kevin Bradley
This is my family's favourite. Hardly a weekend goes by without my having to cook this one up. You can make it as fiery as you like but two green chillies is about right for us .Gorgeous!
Top Review by Bogey'sMom
Wow, this was terrific! Just the right blend of spicey and sweet. Definitely a keeper. I actually added two serrano chiles in addition to the ones in the recipe, and it was just spicey enough for my husband, but not too spicey, so everyone else enjoyed it as well. Thanks for a new "family recipe"!
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3⁄4 kg chicken, skinned and diced
- 150 ml water
- 1 -2 green chili
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend together tomato puree, yogurt,garam masala, chilli powder, garlic, mango chutney, salt and sugar.
- Heat oil in a karahi or wok then add mixture.
- Lower heat and cook for two minutes,stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken and stir until it is well coated in the mixture then add the water.
- Continue cooking for about 5- 7 mins until the chicken is tender.
- Stir from time to time.
- Add green chillies, chopped coriander and milk, stir in and cook for another two minutes.
- Serve with rice or warm Indian breads.