1/3 Photos of Sweet Acorn Squash And Apple Soup
Served hot or delicious served cold with a dollop of yogurt. Garnish with a Nip of Cream Sherry swirled into the soup just before serving and then top with garnish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 acorn squash, peel seeded
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 2 cups vegetarian broth or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 apple, peeled cored,and chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- yogurt or sour cream (to garnish)
- grated nutmeg (to garnish)
- 1Saute the onion,carrot, and squash in the butter and oil for 2 minutes.
- 2Add the apple juice, chicken stock, apple and seasoning.
- 3Cook until vegetable are tender,add heavy cream, warm, then puree in blender.
- 4Serve warm or cold with yogurt on side.
- 5Garnish with grated nutmeg.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Acorn Squash And Apple Soup
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.6
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 32.2 mg
- Sodium 33.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: