Curried Butternut Apple Soup
This is a rich sweet soup. It's great with a dollop of sour cream on the top. I add lots of pepper to mine. Fruit and veggies in one hit.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 -2 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 medium butternut squash, 1-inch cubes (about 2 1/2 to 3 lbs)
- 3 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup apple cider
- In a heavy kettle, combine onions, celery, butter, and curry powder. Cover and cook over low heat until vegetables are tender (10 to 15 minutes), stirring often.
- Add cubed squash, chopped apples, and stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 to 30 minutes or until squash and apples are cooked thoroughly.
- Strain liquid and set aside.
- Puree the apple-squash mixture with one cup of the strained liquid. Add cider and remaining liquid to reach desired consistency.
- Optional: Garnish with grated apple, yogurt, or low-fat sour cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION