Curried Sweet Potato and White Bean Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a great Autumn (or winter) soup. It's sweet and tasty but also has texture and substance added by the beans. Serves well with some naan bread on the side.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups sweet potatoes
- 4 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock or 4 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3 1⁄4 cups canned white beans
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley or 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into cubes.
- Put in pan and add boiling stock.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and bring to boil
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft
- Drain and wash beans.
- Add half the beans to the soup.
- Add curry powder and stir well.
- Blend in batches.
- Return to pan and add the remaining white beans.
- Add more salt, pepper or curry powder to taste.
- Garnish with a dollop of yogurt and some parsley or coriander leaves.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION