Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I originally got this recipe from Cooking Light a couple of years ago. It is easy to make and has great flavor! The rest of my non-WW family enjoys it. You won't miss the fat! I calculated points putting the sloppy joe on a lite wheat bun (Kroger brand has one with 80 calories-- 1/2 gram fat, 4 fiber grams--1 point. I'm sure there are other light versions out there.) If you adjust the recipe and use more sloppy joe mixture on your bun or use a higher-calorie, higher-point bun, of course your WW point values will change.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3⁄4 lb ground round
- 2 cups no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 light wheat hamburger buns
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add first 3 ingredients; cook until beef is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in tomato sauce and next 8 ingredients (tomato sauce through black pepper); reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon 1/4 cup beef mixture over bottom half of each bun. Cover with top halves.