Mexican Hot Chocolate - 4 Ww Points
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 4 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate or 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Whisk together the milk, brown sugar, cocoa, chocolate, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan until well blended.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the mixture is hot and chocolate is melted, 5-6 minutes.
- Pour into mugs and serve at once.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
By mistake I made the full recipe for just 2 people. Glad I did, but I had to hide the left-overs so they wouldn't disappear into our tummies immediately. Now we have something to look forward to tomorrow night. As everyone has stated the brown sugar makes the difference. It has a richness that makes it dessert-like. Made for ZWT8
see 5 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love great food and I particularly like trying cuisines new to me! Although I don't prepare as much food as I used to, creating in my kitchen is still one of my favourite things to do. Enjoy!