Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
Great for fall and football season--which is just around the corner.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups beef stock or 3 cups broth
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes with juice, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup corn kernel (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- In a big soup pot over medium heat, warm the oil.
- Add in meat, onion, and garlic; stir/saute for about 10 minutes or until meat is not pink.
- Add in celery, carrots, and bell pepper; mix well.
- Add in stock, tomato juice, tomatoes w/ juice, water, chili powder, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
- Lower heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Add in corn and peas; simmer, uncovered, for about 15 more minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and throw away.
- Ladle into individual soup bowls and top with parmesan cheese.
We LOVED this! SO much flavor!
MmmMmmMmm! This turned out to be a wonderful stew. It made alot & seemed to get better each time it was warmed up. This will definately be a winter staple at my house.