Recipe by Soraiya Wilkins
I grow spaghetti squash in my garden and often try different ways to cook it. This is one of my favorite recipes for spaghetti squash, I found one similar in an old cookbook and just added my own things. It is really yummy!!
Top Review by spatchcock
This was great! I had the feeling from the way you described it that it was sort of a improvisationally created recipe, so instead of mushrooms (which I didn't have) I added one whole minced yellow squash. I also just added a ton of garlic (I don't even remember how much). Great--Thanks for a great recipe! I've never had spaghetti squash before and now I think I will have it often!!
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 (16 ounce) jarfavorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash spaghetti squash then cut in half, lengthwise.
- Scrape out seeds.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on spaghetti squash halves, add butter then put in baking pan with 1/4 cup water.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, as squash is cooking, put stewed tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, garlic and spinach in sauce pan, bring to a low boil and simmer 30 minutes.
- Drain off juice, add spaghetti sauce, bring back to a boil, simmer 15-20 minutes .
- Using a fork, scrape squash from shell, starting at one end finishing at the other.
- It will look just like spaghetti noodles.
- Put squash in one bowl and sauce in another bowl.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and garlic bread or a salad.