Spaghetti Squash With Parmesan Cheese
photo by LiaCN
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- Take a paring knife and stick little holes all over squash.
- Put the squash in a baking dish and bake about an 1 hour at 350 degrees F. or until soft.
- Cut the squash in half.
- Scoop out seeds and throw them away.
- Take a fork and "scrape" the inside of the squash into strings, letting them fall into a serving bowl.
- Toss with Parmesan cheese and butter.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm a firstimer, and I'd like to thank you for introducing me to a new favorite!! Stuck to your directions and it turned out AMAZING! I think two writers need to adjust cooking times according to squash size, perhaps checking progress midway through cooking time would be prudent, too long = mushy, too little = hard to scrape and crunchy, go figure. Thanks Lali
This recipe is simply delicious. I had spaghetti squash just once before, using a red sauce and didn't care for it. I decided to give it another try after reading this recipe. It is wonderful! Since it keeps it's slight crunch (why IS that!LOL) it , to me , goes better with the simple fixins of butter , Parmesan , salt and pepper. I could sit and eat the whole squash this way! Thanks for a great way to fix my newest favorite vegetable! :)
Love it Love it Love it!!! I think this is my newest favorite vegetable! I love the taste of this, it is great. What I did change was the cooking (like a prev review): 1 minute in microwave to pre-heat the squash, cut in half and scooped seeds, then in the mike again for 11 minutes facing down on a plate with a bit of water, and scraped with fork once complete. Thanks!!
see 20 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My passions are my faith, my family, genealogy, collecting recipes, cookbooks and movies.