1 hr 30 mins
Very flexible, super nutritious, low calorie, filling soup. Vary according to what you have on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2-3 onions, sliced
- 7.39 ml olive oil
- 2 bunch kale (Use any mixture of greens you like-kale, beet greens, whatever you have- I used a mix of kale, bok c)
- 236.59-473.18 ml fresh parsley
- 473.18-946.36 ml fresh spinach
- 2 carrots, diced
- 59.14 ml arborio rice
- 709.77 ml vegetable broth (or stock, can use chicken)
- 473.18 ml water (optional, add to your taste)
- 118.29 ml nutritional yeast
- 4.92 ml cayenne
- 1Caramelize onions over medium low heat in a large stock pot or dutch oven with lid on, stirring occasionally. Cook until deep brown and cooked down, 30+ minutes.
- 2Add carrots, arborio rice and 2 C broth. Bring to a boil, stir, and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3Wash greens, removing tough stems from kale and beet greens. Add to pot with remaining broth. Stir and cook over medium heat until greens are cooked, about 15 minutes.
- 4Add nutritional yeast, cayenne and salt and pepper to taste. Add additional water as needed depending on whether you want a thick stew or thinner brothier soup.
- 5Blend using immersion blender or in blender until soup is smooth and creamy.
- 6Top with a squeeze of lemon and/or a dollop of Greek yogurt.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Green Soup
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.3
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 51.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: