Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very flexible, super nutritious, low calorie, filling soup. Vary according to what you have on hand.
- 2-3 onions, sliced
- 7.39 ml olive oil
- 2 bunch kale (Use any mixture of greens you like-kale, beet greens, whatever you have- I used a mix of kale, bok c)
- 236.59-473.18 ml fresh parsley
- 473.18-946.36 ml fresh spinach
- 2 carrots, diced
- 59.14 ml arborio rice
- 709.77 ml vegetable broth (or stock, can use chicken)
- 473.18 ml water (optional, add to your taste)
- 118.29 ml nutritional yeast
- 4.92 ml cayenne
- Caramelize onions over medium low heat in a large stock pot or dutch oven with lid on, stirring occasionally. Cook until deep brown and cooked down, 30+ minutes.
- Add carrots, arborio rice and 2 C broth. Bring to a boil, stir, and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Wash greens, removing tough stems from kale and beet greens. Add to pot with remaining broth. Stir and cook over medium heat until greens are cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Add nutritional yeast, cayenne and salt and pepper to taste. Add additional water as needed depending on whether you want a thick stew or thinner brothier soup.
- Blend using immersion blender or in blender until soup is smooth and creamy.
- Top with a squeeze of lemon and/or a dollop of Greek yogurt.