Recipe by browneyes315
Looking through thePETA website, I found this fun and delicious recipe. Initially the recipe called for regular yellow mustard but I used a Spicy Horseradish mustard that really added a lot of kick! But feel free to use your favorite mustard for the breading part and enjoy your own little concoction!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 lb vegan chicken (try Morningstar Farms' Chik'n Strips)
- 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- * Mix together the sale, onion powder, pepper, garlic powder, flour, and nutritional yeast in a deep bowl. In a seperate bowl, dilute your favorite mustard with the water. Add 1/3 cup of the flour mixture and stir. Combine the baking powder with the remaining flour mixture.
- * Dip chunks of the chicken into the mustard batter, then drop them into the flour mixture coat with the desired amount of "crust." Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (or use a deep fryer) and fry until crust is crispy and golden brown, turning as needed.