Baked Vidalia Dip
This is Vidalia season here in the South, but Walla Walla or Texas Sweet onions will do. Just don't use regular yellow onions, they aren't sweet enough. I serve with buttery round crackers.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 vidalia onions, chopped
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Saute onions 10 minutes, or until tender.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Stir in sauteed onions.
- Spoon into a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake at 375% for 25 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve with crackers or chips of choice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation