Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a really easy recipe, using mostly ingredients that you probaly already have. Takes only about 5 minutes to cook! You can also add any fresh, canned, or frozen veggies that you would like, such as mushrooms, baby corn, carrots, broccoli, onions, etc.
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 16 ounces mixed vegetables (sugar snap pea variety is what I used)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add Angel hair pasta and mixed veggies to pot.
- Continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. Combine the hoisin sauce, broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, and ginger in a small bowl.
- When pasta is done, drain well. Transfer back into the pot, or into a serving dish.
- Combine with the sauce mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
I just made this tonight, yes it is easy to make. However it did not taste like vegetale Lo mein. It was like eating pasta and vegetables with a sauce.
Very easy with a lot of flexibility. For my vegetables, I chose onion, red peppers, carrots and snow peas. I did think the sauce lacked some flavor. I would at least add some garlic next time.... maybe even some sesame oil or fish sauce. Thanx for posting!
I really liked the sauce for this. My only complaint the 1st time I made it was that I couldn't taste the sauce enough, so the 2nd time i made it I doubled all the sauce ingredients and it was very yummy!