Quick and Easy Chicken Lo Mein
Using packaged ingredients cuts down the prep time for a quick weeknight dinner. Dinner on the table in about 20 minutes. Adapted from Land O'Lakes--Great Pasta.
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) package oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb chicken breast, chop into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- light soy sauce
- Break noodles in half; cook according to package directions.
- Rinse with hot water; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet or wok, heat oil over MED-HIGH; sauté garlic to fragrant, stirring constantly.
- Add seasoning packet from mix and the chicken. Continue cooking; stirring until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes,.
- Stir in coleslaw mix. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until cabbage is slightly soft but crisp, about 1 minutes.
- Stir in cooked noodles and green onions. Cook,stirring constantly until heated through, about 1 1/2 minutes. Season to taste with lite soy sauce.
- Note: Add some red pepper flakes for heat, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I used 2 3 oz packages as well, and left the rest the same. It was good, but a little bland. It could be the oriental seasoning I used (I used the Tradition brand--it was all I could find) but it tasted like soy sauce and salt. It was a good dinner, but I think I'll use a different recipe next time.Reply
see 3 more