Quick & Easy Spicy Lo Mein
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) package lo mein noodles (or other noodles)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) package canned chow mein (chicken or beef)
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken, drained (or shrimp)
- open the veggie part of the chow mein and set to drain.
- Put water for noodles on and prepare according to package directions.
- While water for noodles is coming to a boil, in small skillet saute garlic and red pepper flakes in oil. Be careful not to burn the oil. When garlic is tender add lemon juice and soy sauce. Heat through.
- While noodles are cooking, combine the drained chinese veggies with the can of chicken and the gravy/chicken part of the chow mein. Heat through.
- Drain noodles, rinse with hot water, put noodles back in noodle pan and toss with garlic oil mixture.
- Serve the veggie/chicken mixture over the noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Married mother of twins. I very seldom ever use recipes as they are written, always modifying and adjusting them. Many times I will take three or four different recipes and come up with a new recipe based on those. <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg">