From a Better Homes & Gardens booklet titled 20 Most-Requested Recipes - Cookies from 2006. These were definitely super easy to prepare and are pretty tasty too. I cut them into rounds with various sizes of biscuit cutters for a holiday cookie tray. Also easy to cut as the filling is fairly firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- For CRUST, in large bowl, beat Butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add Sugar and Salt; beat until combined.
- Add Flour; beat on low speed until combined. Press two-thirds of the crust mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- For FILLING, in medium saucepan, combine Sweetened Condensed Milk and Chocolate Chips. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat; stir in Nuts and Vanilla.
- Spread filling over unbaked crust. Sprinkle with remaining crust mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
- NOTE (as written in booklet): To cut professional-looking bars with nice even sides, let the baked mixture cool completely so the block has time to set up. For softer bars, refrigerate the baked block for a short time before cutting.
I would agree that these are super easy to make but I had a bit of bother cutting them up, mind you that could be my fault I am not the best baker in the world. If you like sweet and sticky you will like them. Made for PAC Spring 2010