1/2 Photos of Super Easy Chocolate Bars
From a Better Homes & Gardens booklet titled 20 Most-Requested Recipes - Cookies from 2006. These were definitely super easy to prepare and are pretty tasty too. I cut them into rounds with various sizes of biscuit cutters for a holiday cookie tray. Also easy to cut as the filling is fairly firm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2For CRUST, in large bowl, beat Butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add Sugar and Salt; beat until combined.
- 3Add Flour; beat on low speed until combined. Press two-thirds of the crust mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- 4For FILLING, in medium saucepan, combine Sweetened Condensed Milk and Chocolate Chips. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat; stir in Nuts and Vanilla.
- 5Spread filling over unbaked crust. Sprinkle with remaining crust mixture.
- 6Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
- 7NOTE (as written in booklet): To cut professional-looking bars with nice even sides, let the baked mixture cool completely so the block has time to set up. For softer bars, refrigerate the baked block for a short time before cutting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Easy Chocolate Bars
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.9
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 84.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g