Easy Turkey & Mushroom Soup
- Ready In:
- 2 cups of your favorite mushrooms (suggestions ( porcini, shitake, button)
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small onion (I love using the pre-chopped frozen stuff for ease of use and no crying)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry orzo pasta (or other small)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked turkey (you could even use canned chicken or turkey for speedier recipe)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (or dried if you're indifferent to parsley like I am)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (see parsley re ( use dried)
- In a large saucepan cook the mushrooms, carrot, celery and onion in the margarine/butter until crisp-tender. Add 4.5 cups of water, the buillon, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Bring to a boil and stir in the pasta. After returning to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5-8 minutes. You want the pasta to be still a little firm. Add the turkey, parsley and thyme. EAT! Yummy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Mom of a toddler and preschooler who is finally gaining some proficiency in the kitchen thanks to RecipeZaar. Trying to get some decent skills before the boys can remember me being a bad cook...figure that gives me circa 2 more yrs of practice to start getting things right ;) I'm really interested in large yield HEALTHY recipes that don't use exotic ingredients nd are easy to make ;). Perhaps once both boys are in school I'll try making some more involved recipes! <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg">