Indian Vegetable Soup (Crock Pot)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from the Better Homes & Gardens "Crockery Cooking." I am trying it this weekend!
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 20mins
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (5 - 6 cups)
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces (3 cups)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth or 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro stems
- Combine eggplant, potatoes, tomatoes, and chickpeas in the crock pot first, then sprinkle with spices.
- Pour broth over everything.
- Cook on low for 8- 10 hours (or high for 4- 5 hours).
- Garnish with cilantro.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION