Easy No-Bake Creamy Chocolate Mint Bars
photo by Toll Housereg
- Ready In:
- 2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened divided
- 1 3⁄4 cups about 30 cookies finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons peppermint extract, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -4 drops green food coloring
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- GREASE 9-inch-square baking pan.
- MICROWAVE 1/3 cup morsels and 1/3 cup butter in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; STIR. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Stir crushed cookies into melted morsel mixture. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- MEANWHILE, BEAT 1/3 cup butter, milk, 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract and vanilla extract in medium mixer bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Add food coloring, 1drop at a time, until desired color is reached. Spread powdered sugar mixture evenly over cookie crumb layer.
- MICROWAVE remaining 1 2/3 cups morsels, 1/3 cup butter and 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; STIR. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Let stand for 10 minutes. Spread chocolate layer evenly over powdered sugar mixture. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. For easier cutting, allow bars to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!