Recipe by HappyMommy1422
I cut this recipe out of the newspaper last summer and have made it once, using Cointreau as the liquor and blackberries. I served it with pound cake and ice cream and it was wonderful. Easy to fix when you've already got the grill up and going. You can just throw these packets on while the burgers are cooking.
- 4 plums, thinly sliced
- 2 nectarines, thinly sliced
- 1 cup raspberries or 1 cup blueberries or 1 cup blackberry (or a combination)
- 1⁄4 cup fruit liqueur (Cointreau, Framboise or Chambord)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a low fire in the grill.
- Divide the fruit between 2 squares of heavy-duty foil.
- Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons of liqueur.
- Seal tightly into packets so no liquid or steam will escape.
- Grill the packets, turning once, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Open carefully over a bowl; the fruit will have formed a syrup.
- Sprinkle with sugar to taste.
- Serve warm or let sit for an hour so flavors will intensify.
- Serves 2 on its own, 4 if used as an ice cream topping.