I cut this recipe out of the newspaper last summer and have made it once, using Cointreau as the liquor and blackberries. I served it with pound cake and ice cream and it was wonderful. Easy to fix when you've already got the grill up and going. You can just throw these packets on while the burgers are cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare a low fire in the grill.
- 2Divide the fruit between 2 squares of heavy-duty foil.
- 3Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons of liqueur.
- 4Seal tightly into packets so no liquid or steam will escape.
- 5Grill the packets, turning once, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6Open carefully over a bowl; the fruit will have formed a syrup.
- 7Sprinkle with sugar to taste.
- 8Serve warm or let sit for an hour so flavors will intensify.
- 9Serves 2 on its own, 4 if used as an ice cream topping.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Fruit Compote
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.5
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g