Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted in response to a request. From The Best Bread Machine Cookbook Ever by Madge Rosenburg.
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries or 1⁄2 cup blackberry (fresh or frozen)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh ripe peaches or 1 cup nectarine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup water
- If the blueberries or blackberries are fresh, freeze them so they will not get too mushy in the bread dough.
- Add all ingredients except the berries in the order suggested by your bread machine and process on the basic bread cycle.
- At the beep (or before final knead and rise), add the berries.
Sorry for this review, but didn't really taste that great. I was expecting to taste the fruit a bit more but all I really tasted was the wheat (and I usually like wheat). I also had to add about another cup of flour, though not sure why. I did use the bread machine to make the dough, but baked in the oven. Hope someone else tries this and has better luck!