Recipe by A's mommy
Huge hit in Japan!! Fun for large groups of people, traditionally eaten with a raw egg, we skip that part!
- 1 lb sirloin steak, sliced into small strips
- 1 bok choy
- 8 ounces sliced chestnuts
- 1 large dried mushroom
- 8 ounces mixed sprouts
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas
- 1 large onion
- 15 ounces raw spinach
- 15 ounces baby corn
- soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Put dried mushrooms in a pitcher, add enough water to cover them and let sit for 1 hour.
- 2. remove mushrooms and slice into small pieces, keep stock.
- 3. slice bok choy, and onion.
- 4. arrange all items onto a large serving plate with sirloin on another plate.
- 5. take mushroom stock, for every 1 cup of mushroom stock add 3 tbs soy sauce and 3 tbs of sugar. Make as much as possible.
- 6. in large electric skillet pour liquid, let heat. Then start adding other items. Put several of each in to let it cook, make sure meat goes in first so it's done when the veggies are.
- 7. with chopsticks pull out what you want and eat it over rice, it's family style so take what you want.