Recipe by Debi
This is my version of a lovely light cookie we had while on holiday in Huatulco last February. Had to do a lot of taste testing trying to figure out what the ingrediants might be.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Enjoyed these very much, especially with the cinnamon & the chocolate (Used a LOT of chocolate shavings!) combo! Definitely different, & my company LOVED 'EM! Thanks for posting your recipe! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16]
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dark chocolate, shavings
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of sugar, cream, vanilla and 1/2 tsp cinnamon until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl mix together flour and baking powder.
- Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet until well mixed.
- Blend together 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon on a small plate.
- Drop 1 inch balls of dough 3 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Flatten the cookie balls with the bottom of a drinking glass that has been dipped into the sugar & cinnamon mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet immediately and set on wire racks. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings while still warm.
- **I baked 2 dozen cookies at once on two racks in a convection oven. Cook time was 15 minutes.